CARECEN SF is dedicated to transnational bridge building for our people to thrive and live in peace, both in the united states and in our countries of origin.
Here are some examples:
- RAÍCES (Roots) Youth trips to strengthen ties between second generation immigrant youth to their countries of origin.
- Participation in electoral monitoring/observation for two elections to support the democratic process in El Salvador.
- Ongoing regional advocacy (Mexico and Central America) with Alianza Americas. CARECEN SF and other Central American lead organizations visited these regions to promote increased consular protection and services for migrants at home, on the journey and in their country of destination.
- Participation as civil society “Central American Diaspora” in the development of El Salvador’s national policy for protection and development of the Salvadoran migrant.
- CARECEN SF joined a delegation of 50 faith leaders and social justice advocates from the United States, Canada, Haiti, and Colombia that traveled to Honduras in January 2018 for a week-long visit to observe continuing widespread civil unrest and protests in the aftermath of the contested presidential election on November 26, 2017.