We are excited to announce that CARECEN SF signed a lease at 1117 Market Street!
We will be moving from our Mission and Cesar Chavez office (since 2009) to this charming 1920’s building that will significantly increase space for programs and access to critical services for recently arrived immigrant families, transitional aged youth and the growing Latinx community in the SOMA, Tenderloin and Mid-Market area, and to all participants from across the city and Bay Area, given its central location and proximity to the courts and other government institutions our program staff help clients navigate.
This new office will also significantly improve our team’s working environment and help us meet COVID era related air quality and workspace health standards.
This move is urgent and exciting for us since we have more than outgrown our existing space, but most importantly it represents a win for community members living in one of the areas with the highest concentration of poverty and violence in San Francisco. It also means easier access for the greater Bay Area community that seeks our programs – Civic Center BART Station is 20 steps (literally!) away from the main entrance to the building.
Please Make a Donation to Our New Home Today!
No donation is too small. Your donation will help with moving costs, furniture, new equipment, and general support to build out offices and family rooms for case management, mental health services and one-on-one client activities that require privacy, and a comfortable, warm and welcoming space.
- $500 Donation helps with office and project supplies
- $1,000 Donation helps to purchase new computers for youth computer stations
- $2,500 Donation will help us purchase furniture for new work stations
- $5,000 Donation will help us purchase furniture for family/consultation rooms for case management
- $5,500 Donation and above will support additional capital expenses necessary to activate the space for programming