- Status: Full-Time Position (37.5 hours/week)
- Salary: $60K
- Reports to: CARECEN SF Family Wellness and Health Promotion Programs Director
- Program Address: 3143 Mission Street, Suite 101, San Francisco, CA 94110
CARECEN of San Francisco
About CARECEN SF:
CARECEN SF is a non-profit organization established in 1986. CARECEN SF empowers and respond to the needs, rights, and aspirations of Latino, immigrant and under-resourced families in the San Francisco Bay Area – building leadership to pursue self-determination and justice. Rooted in its cultural strengths and born out of the Central American justice struggles, CARECEN SF envisions our diverse immigrant community as thriving, where families prosper, build effective community institutions and participate confidently in civic life.
CARECEN SF provides the following programs to the community: Immigration Legal Services, Health Promotions Program, Family Wellness Program, Second Chance Youth Program and Tattoo Removal Clinic.
About Kali K’íin (Home of the Sun)
Kali K’íin (Home of the Sun) is a collaborative working space shared by CARECEN SF and Instituto Familiar de la Raza. The following programs are housed at Kali K’íin: CARECEN SF’s Family Wellness Program, Health Promotions Program and Marketing & Communications Department. Instituto Familiar de la Raza houses its IndígenaHealth and Wellness Program. Both organizations work in alignment to serve immigrant, indigenous and under resourced families in San Francisco through a range of social services including comprehensive case management, mental health, and youth support. Services provided also include health education, leadership development, and parent-child engagement.
Health Promotion Program
This position will support CARECEN’s Health Promotion Program (HPP) by providing both coordination and direct services for the District 9 Mission Oral Health Task Force ( MOH TF) and HPP activities. The HPP coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the HPP Director in conjunction with the HPP Manager to lead coordination for the District 9 MOH TF and the implementation of MOH TF grant activities, including monthly meetings, sustainability planning, outreach, media and other education/awareness campaigns and focus group planning. The position will also provide coordination and direct support for the implementation of HPP health and wellness workshops focused of diabetes and obesity prevention, and oral health, including building relationships with potential community partners, engaging in outreach efforts, facilitating educational workshops and coordinating community-based workshops and field trips. In addition, the position will provide administrative support for HPP activities.
- Coordinate D9 MOH TF activities including scheduling meetings & events and logistics
- Develop agendas & document for D9 MOH TF meetings and activities
- Centralize and coordinate communications between D9 MOH TF stakeholders
- Plan and coordinate D9 MOH TF activities including, monthly meetings, focus groups, community briefings, and other events
- Coordinate and facilitate outreach to agencies, stakeholders, clients and residents regarding MOH TF efforts
- Lead coordination of D9 MOH TF media campaign efforts, including finalizing campaign and organizing community launch
- Provide support for the grant and fund development strategy for the D9 OH Task Force and other HPP needs
- Build relationships with community partners and coordinate health and wellness workshops
- Engage in outreach efforts to promote health and wellness activities
- Facilitate community-based health education workshops for Spanish speaking population
- Track and document funding deliverables via CMS data base, monthly and quarterly reports
- Support HPP Manager with planning and coordinating HPP program activities, including workshops, trainings, outreach, and field trips
- Other duties as assigned by HPP Director or Manager
- A. degree in public health, health science or social work, orequivalent work experience, and experience in program assistance and community outreach/education
- Experience leading or a task force or other community-based collaborative effort
- Passionate about Latino health and wellness issues
- Must be bicultural and bilingual in English and Spanish
- Understanding of client and community needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask, be reliable and detail oriented
- Demonstrates ability to work on assigned tasks and work plans
- Efficiency in writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with diverseconstituencies and stakeholders
- Able to meet deadlines and work efficiently within a team structure
- Able to follow and understand oral and written instructions
- Experience working with MS Office, Excel, Google Calendars and Docs, and other basic platforms and programs
- Must maintain client and agency’s confidentiality and demonstrate discretion with sensitive material
- Use good judgment and approach when interacting with others
- Ability to maintain office operations, including maintaining systems and confidential data
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary based on experience. CARECEN SF offers health insurance, dental insurance and vision insurance. In addition, CARECEN SF offers professional development benefits, which include trainings and educational opportunities. CARECEN SF is also committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
To submit an application:
Email a cover letter and your resume to Vanessa Bohm, Family Wellness Program & Health Promotions Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter and resumes accepted until position is filled. Please no phone calls.